THE VALUE OF COFFEE
The International Coffee Organization (ICO) is proud to release it's flagship report the Coffee Development Report 2020 (CDR2020) on the topic of ‘The Value of Coffee: Sustainability, Inclusiveness, and Resilience of the Coffee Global Value Chain’
WATCH THE VIRTUAL EVENT
Thursday 28 January
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM GMT
Watch the recording of the virtual event welcoming the United Kingdom as a new member of the International Coffee Organization (ICO) and to celebrate the launch of the Coffee Development Report 2020 (CDR2020).
The virtual event was held together with the Government of the United Kingdom, marking the 49th Member to join the ICO and was attended by the Honourable, Victoria Prentis, MP and Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Farming, Fisheries and Food.
The CDR2020, the second edition of the ICO's flagship report, was launched at this virtual event and shared with ICO Members and the global coffee and development community.
The report titled, ‘The Value of Coffee: Sustainability, Inclusiveness, and Resilience of the Coffee Global Value Chain’, analyses the coffee sector through the lens of global value chains (GVCs). It provides insights into the coffee GVC based on sound empirical analysis and fact-based policy recommendations to help coffee farmers and the whole coffee sector be sustainable, inclusive and resilient.
The CDR2020 was prepared by the ICO team with external contributors and through the support of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH.
11:00 AM -11:45 GMT
• Welcome by moderator – John Muldowney, Chair of International Coffee Council 2020-21
• Statement by Victoria Prentis, Under Secretary of State at the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
• Opening statement by José Sette, Executive Director, ICO
• Statement by Paul Rooke, Executive Director, British Coffee Association (BCA)
• Statement from Ambassador Ivan Romero-Martinez of Honduras, the Vice Chair of the International Coffee Council 2020/21.
• Press questions
11:45 AM -1:00 PM GMT
• Introduction to the CDR, José Sette, ICO
• Presentation of the CDR and findings, Gerardo Patacconi, ICO
• Panel Discussion on the CDR2020
• Q&A with the audience
• Closing Remarks José Sette and John Muldowney